I always thought who if I wanted a washer and dryer in my RV I’d have to buy a really big RV. So, we looked into it and discovered that small RVs can have a washer and dryer too! So, we decided to put together our list of Smallest RVs With a Washer and Dryer.
For many, an RV that has a washer and dryer would make for a very happy camper. Sadly, we can’t ask Alexa or Google to run who task for us. If you RV full time or frequently, finding laundry facilities, and at a reasonable price, can sometimes be challenging. The time it takes making trips to the laundromat is no picnic either. Yes, laundry is a chore, especially when we’d much rather be having a day of adventure and exploration. Perhaps the time has come to add some suds to your RV lifestyle.
You are reading: 8 Small RVs With a Washer and Dryer
Do RVs Come With a Washer and Dryer?
Many folks don’t wish to give up their at-home conveniences while on the road. We all know that RVs come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and have amenities from bare-bone basics to extreme glamping. It turns out you don’t have to “think big” to necessarily enjoy the luxury of laundering at home. We’ve found several “smallish” RVs that might surprise you.
1. The Forest River FR3 30DS comes in at a length of just under 32 feet. You’ll find plenty of room and comfort with 2 slides and a king bed. This RV comes prepped for a washer/dryer combo.
2. The Coachmen Pursuit 31TS also has 2 slides and a king bed at 33 feet long. This RV has lots of bells and whistles plus comes prepped for a washer/dryer combo.
3. At 32 feet, the Thor Motor Coach Quantum KW29 is loaded with attractive features. It has 2 slides, a Triton gas engine and is prepped for a stackable washer/dryer in part of the bedroom’s wardrobe. Please note, this unit’s electrical service is 30 amp.
4. The Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS is also 32 feet. Coachmen lives up to its name with good quality and extras including a washer/dryer combo who is housed in the RV’s bathroom.
5. Forest River RV Wildwood Heritage Glen LTZ 286RL offers a dry weight of 8,499 lbs. and an exterior length of 34 feet. This RV has 3 slides along with many residential features, including a washer/dryer option.
6. The upscale Keystone Montana High Country 295RL offers triple slides, an electric fireplace, top of the line appliances and is prepped for a combo OR 2-piece washer/dryer. At a length of only 29 feet, the Montana is a trend setter.
7. At only 34 feet, the Highland Ridge Light LT275RLS offers great quality, 2 slides and is prepped for a washer/dryer combo.
8. The SportTrek Touring Edition STT293VRK has a dry weight of only 7,600 lbs. The 33-foot travel trailer hosts a versatile layout and is prepped for a washer/dryer.
Types of RV Washers and Dryers
There are 3 types of washers and dryers used in RVs: (1)
- A compact stackable washer and dryer
- RV washer and dryer combination
- A portable RV washer and dryer
Dryers are vented or non-vented. Since vented dryers tend to be more efficient, we recommend you install a vented dryer in your RV. The vented dryer will take air from the room, heat it, and then exhaust it outside. Ensure an exhaust vent is in-place or installed behind the dryer.
The non-vented dryers take longer for laundry to dry, thereby, unnecessarily heating up your RV and allowing your AC to work overtime. The steam that is condensed within the dryer will be pumped into the RV’s drain and holding tank.
The stackable washer and dryer are used more in wider RVs and are similar to the ones used in homes. The stackable units for RVs will be a bit smaller and lighter. They will use the most water of the three listed above, and having access to a sewer hook up is advisable.
If you have the space and travel frequently, a stackable washer/dryer will enable you to do a wider load of laundry. And simultaneously dry while another load is washing.
The washer/dryer combo is catching on and a preferred choice with many RVers. This appliance takes up less space and actually uses just one drum to wash and dry your laundry. The machine will automatically switch to the drying cycle once the washing cycle has finished. This combo usages less water than the stackable versions, however, having access to water hookup is a necessity.
Keep in mind you should avoid overloading a washer/dryer combo. It will be necessary to do smaller loads so the machine will work properly and efficiently. It can take 2 to 3 hours to complete a washing and drying cycle depending on load size. The good news – you can set it and forget it. Your clothing will be washed, dried, and ready for folding when you come back to check on it.
Portable washers are the perfect solution for those who boondock or RV without the luxury of washer/dryer hookups in their camper. Some require electricity; others do not, however, you will need a water supply, so having a faucet nearby comes in handy. A load can be completed in under 15 minutes. They are perfect for small loads and occasional usage.
Many portable dryers have multiple features like heating options and a damp sensor to remove moisture from your clothes. It should be noted who most units can only dry a small amount of laundry at one time. Many portable washers and dryers use manual operation to work, are good for occasional use, are compact and affordable. These can be easily found on sites such as Amazon.
Do I Need 220V Power to Run a Dryer in an RV?
There are small capacity dryers available who run on a 110V system for RVs, however, a 220V dryer will work only if you have a 50-amp service supply. And your RV will need to be prepped with the proper 220V receptacle to plug into. When adding a washer or dryer, always check with your RV manufacturer to ensure the model you choose is compatible with the electrical system of your RV. Many manufacturers discourage the use of a 220V dryer due to power limitations.
It may be beneficial to carry a voltmeter with you that will plug into one of the outlets. Supply and demand enter the picture when it comes to campground electricity, which can vary depending on the time of day and number of RVs. You can keep a check on the voltmeter and save yourself repairs to your RV appliances. Voltage below 105 or above 135 can damage electronic equipment and appliances. Do yourself a favor and wait to use your washer/dryer during a time when voltage is at an acceptable level.
Tips You Need to Know About RV Washers and Dryers
- If your RV does not come with a washer/dryer but is prepped for them, you can save yourself money by purchasing one on Amazon or Home Depot. Both online sites have several options to choose from.
- You must use a liquid detergent. One who is labeled “HE” or High-Efficiency is approved for use in RV washers.
- If purchasing your own washer/dryer, look into having an RV technician install them. For safety reasons, it’s best to have a knowledgeable technician ensure the electrical system can handle the appliances, and everything is connected properly.
- Again, confirm with the RV manufacturer that the washer/dryer of choice is compatible for your RV. You can quickly negate your warranty by installing or making changes to an RV without confirmation from the manufacturer.
And lastly, enjoy those 30 seconds when all the laundry is caught up!
Great Destinations for RV Rentals
RV Rentals By City
- RV Rentals in Huntsville, AL
- RV Rentals in Anchorage, AK
- RV Rentals in Phoenix, AZ
- RV Rentals Tuscon, AZ
- RV Rentals in Bakersfield, CA
- RV Rentals in Los Angeles, CA
- RV Rentals in Sacramento, CA
- RV Rentals in San Diego, CA
- RV Rentals in San Francisco, CA
- RV Rentals in Denver, CO
- RV Rentals in Grand Junction, CO
- RV Rentals in Jacksonville, FL
- RV Rentals in Miami, FL
- RV Rentals in Orlando, FL
- RV Rentals in Tampa, FL
- RV Rentals in Atlanta, GA
- RV Rentals in Augusta, GA
- RV Rentals in Savannah, GA
- RV Rentals in Idaho Falls, ID
- RV Rentals in Chicago, IL
- RV Rentals in Wichita, KS
- RV Rentals in Lexington, KY
- RV Rentals in Loiusville, KY
- RV Rentals in Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA
- RV Rentals in Grand Rapids, MI
- RV Rentals in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
- RV Rentals in Springfield, MO
- RV Rentals in Bozeman, MT
- RV Rentals in Missoula, MT
- RV Rentals in Raleigh, NC
- RV Rentals In Las Vegas, NV
- RV Rentals in Albany, NY
- RV Rentals in Syracuse, NY
- RV Rentals in Cleveland, OH
- RV Rentals in Oklahoma City, OK
- RV Rentals in Portland, OR
- RV Rentals in Columbia, SC
- RV Rentals in Greenville, SC
- RV Rentals in Chattanooga, TN
- RV Rentals in Knoxville, TN
- RV Rentals in Memphis, TN
- RV Rentals in Austin, TX
- RV Rentals in Dallas, TX
- RV Rentals in El Paso, TX
- RV Rentals in Houston, TX
- RV Rentals in San Antonio, TX
- RV Rentals in Salt Lake City, UT
- RV Rentals in Richmond, VA
- RV Rentals in Vancouver, WA
RV Rentals by Type